- Experience the best of Sandakan and Kinabatangan with an exciting nature and city tour
- Observe orangutans during feeding time at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Learn more about the world's smallest bear species at the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Cruise along the Kinabatangan River and spot a variety of wildlife, including proboscis monkeys, crocodiles, and a wide range of bird species.
- Explore the historic Sandakan city and its iconic landmarks, including Sandakan Memorial Park, Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, St. Michael's Church, Central Market, and Agnes Keith Museum.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Experience the best of both worlds at Sandakan and Kinabatangan, where natural wonders meet the city's rich history!
Your first stop will be at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre to spot rescued orangutans nursed back to health and thriving in their natural habitat. The Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre is just a short distance from it, where you can see and learn more about the smallest species of bear in the world.
The wildlife tour continues at the Bilit Adventure Lodge, where exciting river cruises await. Hop on the boat and travel along the mystical Kinabatangan River to see rare animals, such as the proboscis monkey, crocodile, orangutan, hornbill, and pygmy elephant.
After a fun time in nature, it is time for urban exploration. At Sandakan city, immerse yourself in its rich history as you visit iconic landmarks, including Sandakan Memorial Park, Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, St. Michael's Church, Central Market, and Agnes Keith Museum.
With a unique blend of wildlife beauty and urban immersion, this is the perfect tour for nature lovers and history buffs!
What To Bring
- Sun protection (sunblock/hat)
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars & camera
- Personal toiletries & medications
- Raincoat/umbrella (for wet season on Nov-Feb)
What To Wear
- A pair of good walking shoes/sandals
- Comfortable cotton T-shirt with long/short pants
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- Departure time is approximate and may vary due to traffic condition and hotel distance. Kindly check with the operator as stated on the voucher should you need further assistance.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Malaysia Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.