- Climb Malaysia’s tallest mountain surrounded with breathtaking scenery
- Trek to the highest peak, Low’s Peak Summit, at 4095.2m above sea level
- Stay overnight above the clouds at Laban Rata Resthouse
- All-inclusive mount climb package including accommodation, meals, climb permit, guide and transportation
Safety and Health Precautions Post COVID-19
- Climbers are only allowed to hike alongside their direct family members to ensure social distancing.
- Daily quota for Mount Kinabalu climbers at Sutera Sanctuary Lodges is 40 people/day. Only 100 people are allowed to enter Sabah Parks daily.
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed to climb Mount Kinabalu.
- You are required to fill in registration form and take body temperature reading before the climb.
- You are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as mask.
- Frequent sanitation of the lodges will be conducted.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Towering at 4,095.2 metres above sea level, Mount Kinabalu is no small feat to climb as it stands unchallenged as the tallest mountain between the Himalayas and New Guinea! This UNESCO World heritage site is also renowned for its wealth of flora and fauna species, being home to an estimated 6,000 different plant species and making it one of the world's most important biological sites. Challenge yourself with this 2 Days 1 Night hike to the peak!
What to Wear
- Warm clothing or long sleeves
- Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
What to Prepare for Mountain Climbing
- Waterproof backpack
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Extra cash to store your luggage at Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper
- Sun block, lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Climbers aged 12 -16 years old are considered Child and will be accompanied by a separate mountain guide.
- This tour package brings you to Low’s Peak Summit (4095.2M).
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 Hrs will be imposed a fee of MYR 15 per hour per guide to be paid directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- Laban Rata Resthouse does not provide boiled water for drinking/refill to climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided complimentary during Breakfast & Supper. However, mineral water, coffee, tea, and other hot drinks and Soft Drinks are still available for purchase at the Grocery Counter (Laban Rata Resthouse).
- Check-out time for Laban Rata Resthouse is 10:00 Hrs. Should you check out later than 10:30 Hrs, a Late Check Out Fee of MYR100/hour applies, to be paid directly on the spot.
- Effective as of 1st September 2017, the Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia will be implementing a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX). Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTX is to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 12 per piece prior climb.
- Tipping is never expected but will be much appreciated.
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Malaysia Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.