- Climb to the summit of Mount Kinabalu via Timpohon Trail
- Witness the sunrise from Low's Peak Summit at 4095m above sea level
- Stay in an assorted budget dormitory at Panalaban Base Camp
- Full board meals
Safety and Health Precautions Post COVID-19
- Climbers must be fully vaccinated with the digital vaccination certificate and Covid-free. Climbers are encouraged to conduct self-test before climbing.
- Children below 12 years old are not allowed to climb, and climbers aged above 70 years old are not encouraged to climb.
- Frequent sanitation of the lodges will be conducted.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Climb Mount Kinabalu on a budget! Now you can scale to the top of Malaysia’s tallest mountain without breaking the bank on this 2 day 1 night package. You’ll get the full climbing experience; starting from Timpohon Gate, making your way through changing landscapes, up to Panalaban Base Camp and finally the summit at Low’s Peak to witness the majestic sunrise.
Mount Kinabalu is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure you have to try! This budget package comes with basic dormitory accommodation at Panalaban Base Camp, sharing with up to 15 persons in an unheated room.
- Trekking / running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing
- Long sleeves shirt
- Hiking pants
- Jacket / Wind breaker
- Warm gloves and winter hat
Things You Should Bring
- Medication e.g. headache or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip balm, band-aids
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof case
- Sandals / slippers
- Plastic bags
Things You Should Know
- Please take note that accommodation will be of the most basic, with 15 people to an unheated room in a dormitory.
- It is advisable that you get yourself medically checked before going for any mountain climb. It is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing if you have medical condition, such as, heart disease, diabetes, severe anemia, arthritis, choric asthma, hepatitis, or any other disease which may affect the climber.
- Boiled water is NOT provided for drinking or refill to climbers at Laban Rata Resthouse. Complimentary coffee and tea will only be provided during Breakfast & Supper. However, you may wish to purchase mineral, soft drinks, and other hot drinks at the Grocery Counter at Laban Rata Resthouse.
- Hot water for drinking or refill is provided to climbers at Pendant Hut.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated and shows your support for the mountain guides.
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transportation.
- A fee of MYR 15 per hour per guide will be imposed on climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 hours. This fee will need to be paid to the mountain guide on the spot.
- Take note that for this package, postponement of climbs or name changes are not allowed. Should you need to cancel, cancellation policies will apply according to our terms and conditions.
- Check-in and check-out times for most hotels and resorts are between 14:00 hrs and 12:00 hrs respectively. However, it may varies depending on the accommodation. Please kindly check with your respective accommodation for a more accurate information.
- Under the regulation from Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists will be required to pay a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents are exempted from the TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Malaysia Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.