- Visit to Sipadan and Kapalai Island
- Scuba Diving Sessions
- Discover Unique Marine Life
Safety and Health Precautionary Measures (COVID-19)
- Only fully vaccinated individuals are allowed to check in. You are required to present your Covid-19 vaccination digital certificate upon making reservations. Kindly WhatApp to our SabahTravel Hotline (+6011 1660 7009)
- Resort services and facilities will be opened in phases, aligned with the Standard Operating Procedures set by Ministry of Health.
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
Overview of Sipadan Kapalai Dive Resort
Strategically located near Sipadan Island, Semporna, Sipadan Kapalai Dive Resort provides you a unique luxurious “Water Village” experience built above the shallow water over the sandbanks of the Ligitan reefs. Take a few minutes boat ride to discover this elegant dive resort tucked in the middle of the ocean. Guests may choose to sign up for their in-house activities including, diving, snorkeling and kayaking or just relax around at the sitting area, sip on your favourite drinks and witness the blazing tropical sunset just in front of your eyes.
Room & Facilities
Sipadan Kapalai Dive Resort offers 50 luxurious and spacious chalets, each elegantly decorated with wooden structure equipped with attached bathroom and private huge balconies, a perfect spot to work on your suntan while watching colourful fishes just a few feet below you. The private space provided is ideal for honeymoon and quiet getaway.
Food & Beverages
Take a walk to the terraced, open central restaurant where all of your delicious meals will be served in a buffet style.
Opens Daily for Breakfast 7.00am to 10.30am, Lunch 12.30pm to 2.30pm & Dinner 7.00pm to 8.30pm.
What to Wear
- Bathing suit / Swimwear
- Quick Dry T-shirt
- Sandals / Flip flops
What to Bring
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Extra change of clothing
- Personal toiletries
- Waterproof bag
- A quota for Sipadan Island's entry permit of 120 persons per day issued by Sabah Park is applicable and approval is not guaranteed if daily quota has exceeded. However, your chance of getting approval is higher if you stay longer (i.e. 3 nights and above).
- Approval will be issued a day early so knowing in advance is not possible. If the approval has been granted on any day, the resort will bring the guest to dive at a fee payable to the resort.
- The resort will try their best to apply for the guest's entry permit. Should there be any conservation work by government, Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, SabahTravel or Tour Operators hold no responsibility for not being able to dive in Sipadan.
- An extended night's stay is permitted subject to accommodation availability.
- We cannot predict weather conditions for scuba diving even during the best season.
- Your safety is always our top priority. Should weather or sea conditions deem it unsafe to proceed for this tour, we reserve the right to change or cancel the tour. Refunds will be made accordingly.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for property losses, personal losses, accidents, injury, or death for any reason whatsoever, whether through activities booked with us or caused by third parties.
- All guests are required to read and sign a Standard Liability Form and other related forms at the resort upon arrival and check-in.
- We recommend that if you intend to go scuba diving, make sure you have an insurance policy that covers this activity.
- Please check you have the required travel documents before booking your dive trip. Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months validity from your time of entry into Malaysia.
- It is advisable to book the earliest possible flight and arrive at Tawau Airport by 13:00 Hrs for Land Transfer to Semporna Jetty so that you will not miss the last boat to Kapalai Resort at 15:00 Hrs.
- Boat journey to the island may not be suitable for individuals suffering from the following ailments: heart or lung conditions, recent surgery, back or spinal surgery, back problems / injury / fracture, arthritis, osteoporosis or other similar spinal and pelvic diseases.
- Your belongings may get wet so do bring along waterproof bags to keep your belongings nice and dry!
- Before going out to have some fun under the sun, do bring along a SPF50+ sunscreen / sunblock and an umbrella to protect your skin from sunburns.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.
How to Make Booking
Follow these simple 3 steps action to instantly book this activity.
Select Travel Date
Choose Package Option
Select Local Operator
Need Assistance ?
Make use of Malaysia Travel's complimentary service to plan your travel with us.