- Stay 2 nights in Borneo Rainforest Lodge
- Visit Sabah's largest lowland rainforest, Danum Valley Conservation Area
- Enter into the natural habitat of over hundreds species of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and plants.
- Challenge yourself to trek into the Natural Trail and Treetop Canopy Walkway
- Coffin Cliff - Kadazandusun burial site
Choose Your Activity
Select Package Option and Local Operator
≻≻≻Step 1. Package Options
Step 2. Select Local Operator
Step 3. Quantity
The award-winning Borneo Rainforest Lodge is nestled in a magnificent setting alongside the Danum River flowing through Sabah's largest protected lowland rainforest - Danum Valley Conservation Area - with 43,800 hectares of pristine and undisturbed tropical flora and fauna in the eastern part of Sabah! This pristine rainforest is also home to more than 320 species birds, 124 species of mammals, 72 species of reptiles, 56 species of amphibians and a staggering 200 species of plants per hectare.
The nearest town to Danum Valley Conservation Area is Lahad Datu in the south eastern coast of Sabah, which is accessible overland from Sandakan, Tawau and Kota Kinabalu. The 97 km drive from Lahad Datu to Borneo Rainforest Lodge, takes about two hours. Daily air access fromKota Kinabalu is via MASWing.
About Borneo Rainforest Lodge
Check-in Time / Check-out Time: 14:00 Hrs / 12:00 Hrs
Chalets Nestled comfortably in the jungle habitat, reinforcing the impression of being 'mesmerised by nature' - in the mood of the tropics. All the chalets at Borneo Rainforest Lodge are installed with ceiling fans instead of air conditioning units. The passive design of the structure is the wall and roof insulation plus ventilation system that exploits the thermal mass of the bathroom core to reproduce natural airflow. Guests have a choice of different types of chalets such as River View Deluxe Chalets, Jungle View Deluxe Chalets and Jungle View Standard Chalets that provides comfortable accommodation in its natural pristine surrounding.
Deluxe Chatlet - River View: Spectacularly set amidst the rainforest, this River View chalet features a magnificent view of the nature’s abundance. This chalet also features an outdoor bathtub and deck chairs overlooking the rainforest.
Deluxe Chalet - River View (Day Bed): Limited to only 4 units. This beautifully day bed set just outside the balcony offers a majestic view of the river and the rainforest.
Deluxe Chalet - Twin Sharing (Jungle View): Spacious chalet with outdoor tub and deck chairs offers a relaxing atmosphere and at the same time provides you with an appreciation of the endless beauty of the nature. Those who are traveling with children may opt for this chalet.
Standard Chalet (Jungle View): Enjoy the comfort of relaxing and rejuvenating break, all including an outdoor deck where you may contemplate the breathtaking panoramic view of the rainforest.
What To Wear
- Lightweight clothing: Dri-fit t-shirt & trek pants
- Sports or trekking shoes with socks
What To Bring
- Light jacket / Wind breaker
- Dry bags / plastic bags
- Sleeping bag
- Sun protection (sunblock / hat)
- Insect repellent
- Socks / Leech Socks
- Personal first aid kit
- Personal toiletries and medications
- This tour package is based on join-in basis of shared guide. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- We do not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- We reserve the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries, and accommodation should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Under the regulation from Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism and Culture, foreign tourists are required to pay a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) at a flat rate of MYR10 per room per night regardless of the accommodation's star rating and to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents are exempted from the TTX and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in.
- You must have a moderate level of fitness to undertake this tour as you are required to be outdoors the entire duration of the tour.
- Electricity and coverage are available throughout the day. However, be informed that weather might cause malfunction.
- Though it is never expected, tipping is always appreciated.